Chulalongkom University has taken a leading role in implementing interactive collaboration with the international community. In order to further develop academic cooperation between Thailand and foreign countries, the University has established the "Graduate Scholarship Programme for ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries" to provide financial assistance to international students who wish to pursue their graduate studies at Chulalongkom University.
Term of the Scholarships:
- Two-year Master's degree scholarships The first semester starting in August The second semester starting in January
- Three-year Doctoral degree scholarships The first semester starting in August The second semester starting in January
The scholarships will cover the following:
- An economy class, round-trip ticket, as actually paid. It should also be noted that
- For students from ASEAN, the airfare of each leg of the trip must not exceed 8,500 Baht;
- For students from Asian countries, the airfare of each of the trip must not exceed 12,000 Baht;
- For students from Europe, Australia and New Zealand as well as Africa, the airfare of each must not exceed 20,000 Baht;
- For students from North and South America, the airfare of each leg most not exceed 30,000 Baht.
- Students are required to pay for their tickets and this amount will be reimbursed upon their arrival at Chulalongkorn University.
- Tuition fees (Fees/special fees charged by the Faculty or the Programme of the students' choice are excluded. Advanced arrangement between the students and the Faculty/Programme is needed).
- A monthly stipend and accommodation in the amount of 16,000 Baht.
Eligibility of Applicants:
- Applicants must have international graduate students from ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries. Faculty members, researchers and academic staff, who will return to teach/work at their home universities after graduation from Chulalongkom University, are preferred. It should be noted that students from ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries, who have been studying in any programme at Chulalongkorn University for more than one semester, are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelors degree or a Masters degree in a field related to the field for which they are applying A degree certificate and an official academic transcript must be submitted with their application.
- Applicants must have obtained a grade point average of not lower than 2.75 for their undergraduate studies and not lower than 3.25 for their graduate studies.
- Applicants must be not be over 35 years of age
- Applicants must have a good command of English. A minimum TOEFL score of 500 or 173 Computer-based or IELTS score of 50 is required 6. Applicants must be in good health
- A completed application form with a 1-inch photograph attached,
- A curriculum vitae,
- An academic transcript issued by the last academic institution that the applicant attended,
- A certificate of graduation, if available,
- A photocopy of the applicant's passport,
- Two letters of recommendation from the Head, the Director or the Dean of the institution of the applicant's affiliation or from the applicant's superiors,
- A medical certificate confirming a physical examination in a hospital in the applicant's home country.
Application Procedures and Period:
- Applicants must send the completed application form and relevant documents directly to the Faculty Programme of their choice before the deadline set by the University's Office of Academic Affairs.
- Details of all programs: http://www.academic.chula.ac.th/search/search.asp
- Details of all international programs: http://www.inter.chula.ac.th/inter/internationalstudents/InterProgramList.html
- Applicants must be screened and recruited by the Faculty Pogramme of their choice before their names are forwarded to the Office of Academic Affairs, Chulalongkom University. All relevant application documents which have been screened by the Faculty/Programme must arrive at the Office of Academic Affairs
- no later than lune 19, 2020 for the first semester enrolment for the academic year 2020,
- no later than October 15, 2020 for the second semester enrolment for the academic year 2020
- The Office of Academic Affairs will not aciept direct applications from applicant. It should be noted that each Faculty/Programme sets its own application dateline and selection schedule. Applicants should send their anplication on form and relevant documents to the FacultyProsramme of their choice at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline set by the University's Office of Academic Affairs.
- Application Form:Download HERE
15 October 2020