To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply through the Japanese embassy. After receiving the primary screening results from the embassy, applicants will then submit certain documents to APU. Most embassies accept applications around April each year, but please contact the embassy in your home country to confirm their application procedures.
This scholarship is provided by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) through the recommendation of the Japanese embassy in the applicant's home country.
- Full application fee
- Full admission fee
- Full tuition
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Be born on or after April 2, 1986
- Be willing to learn Japanese, be interested in Japan, and be willing to deepen your understanding of Japan after arriving in Japan
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU.
- Those who apply for his scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU.
- Recipients of this scholarship must have "student" as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan.
How to Apply:
- Contact to embassy for further information
- Submission of application documents to embassy
- Receive the primary screening results from the embassy
- Submit the APU Graduate External Scholarship Application (available on this page in August). Within the application, submit the following documents:
- Copies of all documents submitted to the embassy
- Copy of the embassy's screening result
- Personal Statement (please follow the directions within the application)
- Receive the “Letter of Acceptance” from APU
- Submit the “Letter of Acceptance” to the embassy
- Receive the final decision from the embassy
Varies Each Countries