The Virtual Island Summit 2020 is a free and entirely online event designed to connect global islands to share their common experiences through a digital platform. Join islanders from around the world to share ideas, good practices, and solutions.
The Summit will imitate a traditional in-person event with opportunities to interact with speakers and other attendees with the goal of creating an online community. This will be done through modern technology to maximize opportunities for participation and minimize harmful greenhouse gas emissions. The Virtual Island Summit will be taking place on 6-11 September 2020.
All the attendees of the Virtual Island Summit will receive emails containing the invitation to attend the webinars. We highly encourage attendees to download the download Zoom Client for Meetings in advance of the webinar for ease of use.
What is the Virtual Island Summit?
- Free access to world-class experts. The Summit will be a free event to attend in order to ensure maximum accessibility to expertise from a variety of fields.
- Interactive sessions in various formats. The Summit will imitate a traditional in-person event with opportunities to interact with speakers and other attendees with the goal of creating an online community.
- A diverse range of viewpoints. Speakers and attendees from 100+ island communities including the Arctic, Caribbean, Europe, Indian Ocean, Pacific Islands, South America and beyond…
- A zero carbon conference. The Summit will use modern technology to maximize opportunities for participation and minimize harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
- The SDGs and beyond. The Summit will covers all 17 of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals in addition to other topics pertinent to island communities.
- Cross-sector collaboration. The Summit will emphasize the need for input and partnerships from across the private, public, academic and NGO sectors.
How to Apply:
- Register now HERE to attend the various online events taking place 7-13th September 2020.
- Registration is FREE, but spaces are limited, so reserve your spot now!
- Can’t make the live event dates? No worries! Register for the event, and we’ll send you the replay link after the event. If you can attend live, you will be given the opportunity to ask questions to speakers and interact with other guests.
- Please complete your registration today to ensure you get the latest updates, access to the live sessions and copies of the recordings!