The IERI International Internship Program provide students and recent graduates a practical opportunity in Environmental Research Field related to climate change. We encourage qualified women and men, in particular, nationals of developing countries, with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply. Since its foundation, all education has been centered on students and researchers from developing countries, but it has been recognized that it is also important to raise the talents to carry on this education.
IERI provides a non-mixed gender dormitory (2 person shared room), insurances, about ~425,000 won per month stipend to all interns, and a roundtrip air ticket from their place of recruitment.
Under the authority of the Director of IERI and the supervision manager, officer of the director, the successful candidates are ought to complete the following tasks:
- Provide general support to the officer of the Director
- Perform the assigned tasks under the assigned laboratory
- Submit a complete final report at the end stage of the internship program
- Make a presentation at the end stage of the internship program
Required Qualifications and Experience
To be eligible for an internship, candidates must:
- Currently be pursuing postgraduate studies (master/doctoral degree or equivalent), or is in the final year of the university (bachelor degree or equivalent) preferably in the field of environmental, energy, climate changes, or related fields
- Candidates engaged or recently engaged in a field directly related to the IERI Fund’s work or applicants from non-students will be accepted only under exceptional cases
- Possess an excellent command of English
- Sound skills of using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, etc.
The successful candidate shall be based at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Republic of Korea on a full-time basis (based on the selected laboratory, at least 40 hours per week) for a period of 3-6 months, i.e. spring / fall semester. Extension of the internship will be considered under exceptional conditions.
How to Apply:
Please find the relevant information and the application form on:
IERI homepage à Notice board
Applicants interested in applying for an internship at IERI, GIST are ought to send full documents in English as listed below:
- Internship Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation letter
- Cover letter
- Academic Transcripts (only original / notarized copies will be accepted)
- Certificates of university enrollment / Official certificate of undergraduate degree (only original / notarized copies will be accepted)
All candidates must email all the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of [IERI] International Internship Program_your name
13 November 2020