The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest is
open to participants aged 18 to 33. It aims to promote young
photographers and support them in their strive for professional
The 2021 contest will showcase four categories for which young photographers can vie for awards:
- Top News. Important events in the life of individuals and nations as a whole are the main subject of entries in the category: major political and social events; reports from war zones and places struck by natural disasters; decisive moments in people’s lives.
- Sports. This category involves entries, which captured moments in sport: victories of athletes and dramatic losses; daily sports training; the beauty of sports competitions.
- My Planet. This category involves entries reflecting the entire multicolored palette of topics and images from all over the world. The author’s task is to show an everyday life kaleidoscope in its timeless beauty and harmony, uniting scenes from everyday life; the life of big cities and small towns; nature pictures; ethnographic and religious holidays.
- Portrait. A Hero of Our Time. This category involves entries such as individual or group portraits of people. Photos can be documentary and posed. The determining factor in this category is the author’s ability to reveal the inner world of his characters, express their mental qualities and character through the uniqueness of their appearance and looks as a whole.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive RUB 700,000.
- The first place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive RUB 125,000.
- The second place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive RUB 100,000.
- The third place winner in each category for an individual Photo Image or a Series of Photo Images will receive RUB 75,000.
- The Contest is open to Russian and foreign nationals who are professional photographers. The age limits for Contest Participants: at least 18 and no more than 33 years old at the time of the Contestant’s submission of Photo Image(s) to the Contest.
- The Contestant may submit only one Photo Image (Series of Images) in each category.
- Entry for the competition is free of charge. Determination of the Winners and Runners-up of the Competition is not accidental. The Contest is not a lottery.
How to Apply:
- Entries can contain a single photograph or series of no more than 12 photographs.
- Minor cropping, or balance (white balance) or density (brightness, contrast) correction is acceptable.
- Framed images, collages, photos that have been significantly photoshopped, with parts of the image edited, deleted or replaced with a different image, will not be accepted.
- Photos will be uploaded in the JPG format. The acceptable compression will not exceed 10. The image is to be no less than 2,200 pixels and no more than 5,700 pixels by its longer side.
- The file name must contain the serial number of the photograph, name and last name of the author, title and year it was shot, separated by underscores, for example: 01_Smith_James_The_Spring_2011. The name of the file must be given in Latin script. The file size must not exceed 20 Mb. The file must also contain all the EXIF data.
28 February 2021