The University of Tokyo is a public research university located in Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan. Established in 1877 as the first imperial university, it is one of Japan's most prestigious universities.
The university has 10 faculties and enrolls about 30,000 students, 2,100 of whom are international students. Its five campuses are in Hongō, Komaba, Kashiwa, Shirokane and Nakano. It is among the top type of the select Japanese universities assigned additional funding under the MEXT's Top Global University Project to enhance Japan's global educational competitiveness.The university has graduated many notable alumni, including 17 Prime Ministers, 16 Nobel Prize laureates, 3 Pritzker Prize laureates, 3 astronauts, and 1 Fields Medalist.
- Privately financed international students from Asian countries, studying at a graduate school in the field of science and engineering as regular students.
- Those who are not receiving 150,000 JPY or more from other foundations
- Those who are able to attend the monthly seminar hosted by the foundation (in principle, the second Sunday of each month).
Amount : 30,000Yen/month
Duration : April 2020 to March 2021
How to Apply:
Apply To Applicants must submit the following documents directly to the foundation.
- 1. Application form (Foundation form)
- 2. Research theme and plan in Japanese, up to 1,000 characters
- 3. Certificate of enrollment
- 4. Academic transcript
- 5. Copy of your passport (copy of a page with your photo)
- Apply directly to the Foundation
The foundation website ishere.
10 February 2020