Japanese Language and Culture Course is provided by the International Student Center at Kyushu University and it is organized for those who wish to gain a deeper understanding of Japanese society and culture with further opportunities to improve Japanese language skills for conducting research in the area of Japanese studies.
Applicants must fulfill both of the following conditions:
- (1) in principle, be registered as undergraduates and majoring in Japanese studies at their home institution (first year students may not participate).
- (2) have completed basic Japanese language courses and be ready to take classes offered in Japanese at Kyushu University.
How to Apply:
There are three ways to apply to JLCC
- A. Through recommendation by a Japanese Embassy
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships to foreign students to study for a period of one year at designated Japanese universities in order to deepen their understanding of the Japanese language, affairs and culture. The process is different from one country to another. Please consult the Japanese Embassy or General Consulate in your country.
- For more information about the Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Scholarship, please visit the following website.
- B. Through recommendation by your home university
If your home university has concluded a student exchange agreement, that includes a tuition waiver clause, with Kyushu University, please submit following documents via student exchange division of your home university by February 10.
- Please consult your student exchange division for more information.
- Partner Institutions check HERE
- C. Through Direct Application
Please submit following documents by February 10
Application Form (Type B and C)
Kyushu University Exchange Student Application Form
Tuition Waiver & Scholarship (MEXT and JASSO Scholarship)
If your application is recommended by Japanese Embassy, you will be exempt from paying tuition fee at Kyushu University. Also, MEXT will provide a scholarship stipend of 117,000 yen per month (as of October, 2017).
*If you are nominated by your home university as an exchange student under a student exchange agreement that includes a tuitiion waiver clause with Kyushu University, you will be exempt from paying tuition. In this case, you may apply for a JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization) International Student Scholarship for Short-term Study in Japan with a monthly stipend of 80,000 yen, following your selection into the program.
10 February 2021