The Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS) is a national research organization for scientific research, technology transfer and education in agriculture. It is always striving to provide solutions to a broad range of challenges in sustaining agricultural development through innovative research and technology transfer. The Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (GSCAAS) is a higher education institution mainly focusing on graduate education (Agency No. 82101). As the education arm of CAAS, GSCAAS has been ranked among China’s first-class graduate schools with its overall competitiveness in the disciplines of agriculture. It offers Master’s and Doctoral programs to international students through 34 institutes of CAAS. The duration of study usually lasts for 3 years for both Master’s and Doctoral programs. Certificates of graduation and degrees will be awarded to those who have met the requirements of graduation and degree conferment. The instruction languages are mostly English or Chinese-English bilingually in graduate training.
In 2007, GSCAAS received the qualification of Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) Granting Institution from the Ministry of Education of China. Now GSCAAS offers international students various scholarships including the Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS), the Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS), the GSCAAS Scholarship (GSCAASS) and the GSCAAS-OWSD Fellowship. It has also launched two joint PhD programs in collaboration with University of Liege, Belgium and Wageningen University & Research, the Netherland. At present, there are more than 400 international students from 50 different countries across 5 continents, 90% of whom are Ph.D. students. GSCAAS is speeding up its international education development and welcomes all outstanding students worldwide to pursue higher education.
- Master’s Student
- Doctoral Student
- Visiting Scholar
- Senior Visiting Scholar
- Natural Science
- Management Science
- Non-Chinese citizens;
- healthy and willing to abide by the Chinese laws and decrees;
- English and/or Chinese proficiency is required.
- Education and age requirements as follows:
- Master’s programs: holding a Bachelor’s degree and under the age of 35;
- Doctoral programs: holding a Master’s degree and under the age of 40;
- Visiting Scholar: having at least two years of undergraduate studies and under the age of 35;
- Senior Visiting Scholar: holding Master’s or higher degree or academic titles of associate professor or higher, and under the age of 40.
- Application Form for Study in CAAS-2018 (Please download the newest application from, and for the Part II of the form, please leave it blank), Please choose the major and host supervisor cautiously based on the attached Supervisor List and submit your application after a thorough discussion with the expected supervisor.
- CSC Application Form (only needed for Autumn semester application).
- Photocopy of passport (at least 2 years validity) personal information page;
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy);
- Academic transcripts of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy);
- Two reference letters from two Professors or experts with equal titles in related fields;
- CV and research proposal (no less than 400 words for visiting scholars, no less than 500 words for postgraduates);
- Language Proficiency Requirements: English Language Certificate; Or score reports of TOEFL, IELTS, CEFR, etc.; Or score reports of the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK);
- Photocopies of degree thesis abstract, complete thesis (in soft copy) needed if it is written in English, and abstracts of maximum 5 representative academic papers (full paper are preferred), please do not submit the photocopies of unpublished papers;
- No Objection Certificate issued by the current employer(Please indicate that the employer has on objection on you applying for the scholarship, and your study leave will be granted accordingly);
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Please take health examination in the hospitals designated by the Chinese Embassy);
- Acceptance letter. Applicants with acceptance letter from CAAS professors are preferred.
Please submit the application materials in one package (in the above order and item number) both in soft copy and hard copy, incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
by December 25th, 2017 for enrolment of spring semester and by April 30th, 2018 for enrolment of autumn semester.