The Erasmus Mundus EMLex offers an excellent international programme of study which is globally unique and highly attractive due to various activities. During the two-year programme, students will spend the second semester together with all other students at one university, which changes every year. On request, it is possible to study at a third university of the EMLex consortium in the third semester. In the 1st and 4th semester studies take place at the so-called home university. Erasmus Mundus applicants have the opportunity to name their preferred choices for their home university; the selection committee distributes the applicants equally to the partner universities. Self-paying students (those who do not hold a scholarship) are guaranteed a place at their university of first choice.
The Erasmus Mundus programme is fee-based, i.e. students have to pay participation costs to the EMLex consortium for each semester. In return, the consortium pays for costs arising in the course of the studies, for example tuition and administration fees, health insurance, library fees, etc. In addition, it organizes a supporting programme. All students have to sign a Student Agreement before the beginning of their studies.
- Computational/Applied) Linguistics
- (Foreign) Languages
- Book Studies / Library and Information Science
- or other relevant disciplines, subject to the consent of and the approval by the Consortium’s admission committee.
- having met the application deadline
- completeness of the application
- English language proficiency
- German language proficiency
- completion of a first HEI degree (see “degree” section above)
- Grade and quality of HEI degree(s)
- Motivation letter
- Competence in linguistic analysis
- Lexicographic/terminographic knowledge and experience
- Application form ( fill out on the computer and sign it by hand) click here
- certificate of HEI degree
- language certificates (English and German)
- a transcript of academic records
- a copy of your identity document
- motivation letter (2 pages max., in English or German). In the letter you should respond to the following aspects:
- Explain the reasons why you want to attend the EMLex programme, your expectations and your own contribution.
- Explain your choice of the preferred home university (while your preferences will be taken into account as far as possible, the final assignment will be made to best fit your study needs).
- Answer the following question: Which lexicographic project would you like to realize in your home country if you had the chance to do so?
- If your original documents are in a language other than English or German, please also submit certified translations.
- Please note that we cannot return any documents that you send us.
- Students from China: In case of acceptance to the EMLex Programme, please also have your documents certified by the Akademische Prüfstelle des Kulturreferats of the German Embassy in Beijing.
- Students from Mongolia: Please also have your documents certified by the German Embassy in Ulaanbaator, Mongolia.
- For students starting the programme in 2018, it is not possible to start in Budapest and in Stellenbosch.
Send the application form together with the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (all documents must be in a PDF format. The file should not exceed 4 MB.):
1st March 2018
For more information, please contact Prof. Dr. Stefan Schierholz (email@example.com)