Chinese Government Scholarship—Chinese University Program is a scholarship established by Ministry of Education (MOE) to support Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. MOE authorized USTC to recruit full-time master and doctoral students under the Chinese Government Scholarship since 2008.
USTC offers graduate programs with Chinese or English as media of instruction. For more information of programs offered at USTC, please check:
- Master’s Degree Programs List (instructed in Chinese)
- Master’s Degree Programs List (instructed in English)
- Doctoral Degree Programs List (either Chinese or English)
Applicants are encouraged to contact prospective supervisors prior to application and if have, are expected to upload in the online application system the Form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by USTC Professor .
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and mentally and physically healthy.
- Applicants must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application; or be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree (equivalent to bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35 (by September, 1st, 2018).
- Applicants for doctoral studies must have master’s degree (equivalent to master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 (by September, 1st, 2018).
- For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2018, they should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2018.
- Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship with signature and recent photo.
- Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least 1 year).
- A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words).
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (download in the attachment below).
- Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese but do not apply for one-year Chinese language courses, must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate (at least level 4) or other proof of their Chinese language proficiency; applicants for programs instructed in English must provide the photocopy of valid IELTS or TOFEL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English).
- Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcript for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country.
- If applicants are university students, they must provide official documents showing their status as university students and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
- If applicants already graduated but have not yet obtained the degree certificate, they must provide official documents explaining the reasons and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
- If applicants are already employed, they must provide official documents showing their status as on-post employees and permission of release.
- On-line registration and application (click here). After logging, please choose Type B and fill in 10358 as agency code for USTC. After filling in the application form online, applicants must click the "submit" button and print out application form in the application system. Sign and put a recent photo on the application form. Scan the application form and upload it later on USTC application system.
- Filling in the online application form for UCTS Admission and uploading supporting documentations (click here).
- After applying online, applicants must submit application materials to Office of International Cooperation of USTC by post mail or in person (application materials submitted by email will not be accepted). Application materials arriving after April 10, 2018 will not be accepted.
Office of International Cooperation,
University of Science and Technology of China,
96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, 230026, Anhui, China
- Tuition waiver.
- Accommodation: university dormitory (usually a twin room) or monthly accommodation subsidy for master’s students: CNY 700 per month and doctoral students: CNY 1000 per month.
- Stipend: master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month and doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
Duration of Scholarship:
The duration of scholarship is decided in accordance with the duration of each specific program:
- Master’s Degree Programs: 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Programs: 3-4 academic years
March 15, 2018 (for online application)