The MITSUI-BUSSAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR INDONESIA was established in Tokyo, Japan, in 1992 as a non-profit foundation under the approval of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (formerly called the Ministry of Education) of Japan based upon a fund prepared by Mitsui & Co., Ltd. The Program aims to encourage Indonesian students who wish to study at universities in Japan and obtain a bachelor's degree thereby.
The objective of the Program is to support and assist the selected students (i.e., grantees) so that; Firstly, the grantees could learn about and become intimate with Japanese culture and customs. Secondly, the grantees could develop an international sensibility through daily life in Japan.
Consequently, the grantees would be able to make their best efforts in their respective fields so as to contribute to the development of Indonesia after finishing their studies in Japan, calling upon their experiences of living and studying in Japan. Therefore, the grantees who have completed their studies in Japan under the Program would be requested to make their utmost effort to materialize the Program’s objectives, however, the grantees will be entirely free from any other obligations and duties.
- Applicants must be citizens of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Applicants must be less than twenty (20) years of age as of April 1st, 2018 and unmarried.
- The grantees must remain single (not married) during the tenure of their scholarship period.
- Applicants must have completed SMA (Senior High School) of IPA or IPS course with marks of at least eighty (80) or higher on their school records for the following subjects, of the last two consecutive semesters namely, “the 1st semester of the 3rd year and the 2nd semester of the 2nd year” but if not available, “the 1st and 2nd semesters of the 2nd year”, during SMA study period as per the chart below. Whilst the students from SMK (Sekolah Menengah Kejuruan/ Vocational school) are not entitled to apply for this program.
- Applicants must be willing to study the Japanese language and to receive university education in the Japanese language in Japan. Whilst each level of the JLPT scores (N1 - N5) shall be counted as a premium for the selection.
- Applicants must be healthy, both mentally and physically, and have no infectious diseases.
Fields of Study:
Study of Sciences and Engineering (4-years under-graduate course), such as;
- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Information & Computer Science, Biology, Biophysics & Biochemistry, Geology, etc.
- Civil Engineering, Architecture, Urban Engineering, Environmental Engineering, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering, Precision Engineering, etc.
- Ship Building & Ocean Engineering, Aeronautics, etc.
- Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Information & Communication Engineering, etc.
- Metallurgy, Materials Science, etc.
- Applied Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, etc.
- Industrial Engineering, Factory & Production Management, Plant Management, etc.
- Agricultural Engineering, Forest & Fishery Science, Agricultural Chemistry, Agro biology, Food Engineering, etc.
- Civil Law, Public Law, Political Science, etc.
- Economic Theory, Economic History, Economic Policy, etc.
- Enterprise Management, Accounting, Commerce & Marketing, Finance, Insurance, Industrial Relations, Econometrics, International Economics, etc.
Tenure of Scholarship:
Grantees are tenable for five years and six months (5.5 years) from October 2018 until March 2024, i.e.
- Japanese language study: 1.5 years (18 months) at Tokyo Japanese Language Education Center of Independent Administrative Institution, Japan Student Services Organization, Tokyo, Japa
- University study: 4.0 years (48 months)
- Total: 5.5 years (66 months)
- Living Allowance
- The sum of 145,000 Japanese yen per month would be given to each grantee during the tenure of the scholarship.
- Transportation Charge
- Transportation from Indonesia to Japan
- The sum of 50,000 Japanese yen would be given to each grantee upon arrival in Japan.
- School Fees
- Fees for the entrance examination and tuition at the Japanese Language Center as well as at universities would be borne by the Program.
- Accommodations, Meals, Local Transportation and Other Costs and Expenses:
- For the first one and half years during the period of study of the Japanese language, grantees
- The Program shall prepare life insurance, aviation insurance, and accident insurance for the grantees during the period of Scholarship. (National health insurance premium in Japan shall be borne by the grantees.)
- copy of the application form after filling in necessary data on website indicating the applicant’s registration number.
- copies of photograph (portrait) 4 cm x 3 cm taken within the past 6 months.
- copy of certified school records for all terms and semesters of 1st , 2nd and 3rd school years issued by SMA. If the school record for the 2nd semester of the 3rd year has not been issued yet, certified school records until the 1st semester of the 3rd year should be submitted.
- 1 copy of the result of Nilai Ujian Akhir Nasional, if it had already been issued.
- 1 copy of recommendation letter issued by the principal of the SMA in English.
- Registration number of each applicant should be indicated clearly in typewriting or clear handwriting on the envelope enclosing the necessary documents to be submitted to the Program, hence the envelope without the registration number is not accepted. If there is any deficiency to the application documents, the application is not accepted.
The Program introduced an e-application system for the registration and installed its own website owing to substantially increased number of applicants received in the previous years.
Now, therefore, the applicants are kindly requested to submit necessary documents to the Program in two manners namely, firstly by the website and secondly by mail.
- Firstly, applicants shall submit the prescribed application form HERE
- Secondly applicants shall submit the prescribed application form and other documents as requested below by the Mail to the designated address of PERSADA as mentioned below:
c/o Kampus Universitas Darma Persada (UNSADA)
Jl. Radin Inten II (Terusan Casablanca), Pondok Kelapa,
Jakarta Timur 13450 , Indonesia
Telephone: (021) 8647373
Facsimile: (021) 86900241
Applicants shall submit the application form from February 1st 2018 (Thursday) to not later than March 2nd 2018 (Friday)