Sabancı University, established in 1994, is a young foundation university located on a 1.26 million squaremeter campus which is about 40 km from Istanbul's city center. Its first students matriculated in 1999. The first academic session started on October 20, 1999.
Under the guidance of one of Turkey's leading family foundations, Sabancı Vakfı (Sabancı Foundation), the Sabancı Group established Sabancı University in July 1994. More than 2 academics from 1 country, students, and private sector leaders participated in the Search Conference in August 1995. This conference was followed by university development committees, which worked under the direction of a Student Trend and Preference Survey and other academic program design activities. The groundbreaking ceremony for the Sabancı University campus took place on July 31, 1997. The university began its second academic year on October 20, 1999.
Sabancı University’s Foundations Development Program consists of two key educational stages: the Foundations Development Year and University Courses. All student admits are required to take an English Language Assessment Exam (ELAE). Students deemed to require additional assistance enroll in the Foundations Development Year, which consists exclusively of English and Turkish language courses. The language coursework and the related exams are administered by the University’s School of Languages. Students who pass the ELAE matriculate as freshmen. Subsequently, every Sabancı University student is required to take the University Courses – the core curriculum of the undergraduate program.
- Local and international students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have undergraduate degree.
- The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
The following application documents (hard-copy versions) must be sent:
- Signed online application affidavit: click here to download.
- Copy of the Diploma (or graduation certificate if you have not graduated yet) from an undergraduate institution.
- A photograph.
- Transcripts for undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate studies
- Detailed resume including specific information on work experience (work experience is not required but seen as an asset).
- Two letters of recommendation (if possible, one academic and one professional recommendation are preferred) in signed and sealed envelopes. Click here to download the Recommendation Letter Form.
- Statement of Purpose – A well-written statement describing your professional goals and reasons for pursuing an MBA degree at Sabanc? University.
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores. Should applicants request their test score reports to be sent by ETS directly to Saban? University (institution number 7100). To expedite the processing of your application, please attach an unofficial score (Test Taker’s Copy) report to your application file.
- English Proficiency Exam Results: Any of the following language test results baring the minimum scores and which are within the validity period as indicated below. Photocopies are acceptable for application but original copies should be submitted for admission.
There are some scholarships available (without assistantship requirement) with partial ( 1/2 or 1/4) tuition waiver.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.
June 8, 2018