The University of Sussex is a public research university in Falmer, Sussex, England. Its campus is located in the South Downs National Park and is a short distance away from Central Brighton. The university received its Royal Charter in August 1961, the first of what Beloff termed the Plate glass university generation, and was a founding member of the 1994 Group of research-intensive universities.
It has more than a third of its students enrolled in postgraduate programs and around a third of its staff is drawn from outside the United Kingdom. Sussex has a diverse community of over 17,000 students, with around one in three being international students, and over 2,600 academics, representing over 100 different nationalities. The annual income of the institution for 2016–17 was £286.1 million with an expenditure of £270.4 million. In 2017, a little under 26 thousand students applied to the university, with a little under five thousand joining it.
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018 placed Sussex 147th in the world overall and 39th in the world for Social Sciences. Sussex is particularly known for the Humanities and the Social Sciences and its development studies program is placed as number 1 in the world in the QS World University Ranking.
Sussex counts 5 Nobel Prize winners, 15 Fellows of the Royal Society, 9 Fellows of the British Academy, 23 fellows of the Academy of Social Sciences and a winner of the Crafoord Prize among its faculty. By 2011, many of its faculty members had also received the Royal Society of Literature Prize, the Order of the British Empire and the Bancroft Prize. Alumni include heads of states, diplomats, politicians, eminent scientists and activists.
- UK, EU and international students are eligible to apply.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, you must have received and accepted an offer of a place on one of the following Masters courses in SPRU: Energy Policy MSc Project Management MSc, Science and Technology Policy MSc, Strategic Innovation Management MSc and Sustainable Development MSc.
Students must also:
- Have a first-class undergraduate degree or equivalent.
- Show evidence of your academic potential in your scholarship application.
- The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
£10,000 tuition fee reduction.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.
July 1, 2018