The National University of Ireland Galway is located in Ireland's most westerly city of Galway. A tertiary-level teaching and research institution, it is ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. The University is ranked 148 in the 2017 QS World University Rankings and has been also been awarded the full five QS stars for excellence.
The University was founded in 1845 as Queen's College, Galway, and was more recently known as University College, Galway (UCG) (Irish: Coláiste na hOllscoile, Gaillimh or COG). Alumni include former Taoiseach Enda Kenny and current President of Ireland Michael D. Higgins, as well as numerous other prominent politicians. Other leading figures in Irish official life to have been educated here include former Attorney General Máire Whelan and Comptroller and Auditor General Seamus McCarthy.
NUI Galway is a member of the Coimbra Group, a network of 40 long-established European universities. NUI Galway and 30% Club Announce Scholarship to Advance Female Leadership and Executive Representation in Business/Global Organisations. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Launched in January 2015, the 30% Club Ireland’s goal is to achieve better gender balance at all levels in leading Irish businesses and aims to develop a diverse pool of talent for all businesses through the efforts of its members who are committed to better gender balance at all levels of their organisations.
- International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Entry to the Executive MBA is open to graduates who have at least three years of professional, administrative or business experience. Individuals who have professional qualifications recognised by the J.E. Cairnes School of Business & Economics as being equivalent to a primary degree may also be considered for admission.
- Applications from non-graduates who have a minimum of five years professional, business or administrative experience may be considered for the Postgraduate Diploma in Management, which is equivalent to the first year of the Executive MBA programme. Candidates who successfully complete the Postgraduate Diploma are eligible for admission to the second year of the Executive MBA.
- All qualifying applicants must attend an interview, after which successful candidates are chosen. Candidates may be required to secure 6.5 in IELTS/TOEFL (with not less than 5.5 in any one component).
- Candidates may be required to secure 6.5 in IELTS/TOEFL (with not less than 5.5 in any one component).
- Application form including references and education history.
- Personal statement outlining how the programme fits into your career objectives.
- CV (maximum 3 pages).
- Other supporting documentation including, but not limited to, university transcripts and birth certificate.
How to Apply:
Applications for both the Executive MBA and Postgraduate Diploma are made online via the Postgraduate Applications Centre.
Executive MBA: GYC16
Postgraduate Diploma in Management: GYC17
This scholarship is valued at €13,850 in total for the MBA programme which equates to 50% of the fees (fees are €27,700 over the two years).
June 1, 2018