Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW International Fellowship is inviting applications for International Fellowships to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute etc. in Japan. Non-Japanese women are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The objective of the fellowship is to allow promising researchers/graduate students in any field to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute etc. in Japan.
Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW International Fellowship, established in 1946, is a member of; the world’s leading organisation for women. JAUW International Fellowship shares IFUW’s mission together with its 50+ member associations around the globe.
- The program is open to applications between November 2018 and March 31, 2019.
- The program will allow maximum of 2 recipients, each winning between Yen 500, 000 and up to Yen1, 000,000 to support transportation to and from Japan and cost for her stay in Japan.
- The period of stay in Japan under this award is for 4 to 6 months between October 2019 and March 2020.
- The program cannot be extended in any event.
- Applicants must be of non-Japanese women in the age below 45.
- Applicants must live outside Japan at the time of application.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree or above.
- Applicants need to identify an institution/university in Japan where to conduct research.
How to Apply:
- 5 copies of Application Form Part 1 (Personal Data)
- 5 copies of Application Form Part 2 (Proposal & Related Data)
- letters (?see No.6 of Application Form Part 1) from three different individuals. Each letter should be signed by the writer and enclosed in a sealed and signed envelope.
- A letter of acceptance/confirmation/ invitation (referred to as a letter of Acceptance), written by your host supervisor or collaborator of your study/research in Japan. Please ask him/her to send the original Letter of Acceptance by postal mail directly to JAUW. In addition, be sure to ask him/her to send to you the pdf file of the said Letter of Acceptance, whose printed copy you should include in your application package.
- A medical certificate of health issued by a qualified medical doctor stating in English that you are healthy enough to conduct your study in Japan for the proposed period.
- A photo, 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm, of yourself to be put on one of the Application Form Part 1.
March 31, 2019