Dublin City University (abbreviated as DCU) is a university based on the Northside of Dublin, Ireland. Created as the National Institute for Higher Education, Dublin in 1975, it enrolled its first students in 1980, and was elevated to university status (along with the NIHE Limerick, now the University of Limerick) in September 1989 by statute. In September 2016, DCU completed the process of incorporating three other Dublin-based educational institutions: the Church of Ireland College of Education, Mater Dei Institute of Education and St Patrick's College.
As of 2017, the university has 17,000 students and over 50,000 alumni. In addition the university has around 1,200 online distance education students studying through DCU Connected.There were 624 academic staff in 2016. Notable members of the academic staff include former Taoiseach John Bruton and "thinking" Guru Edward De Bono. Bruton accepted a position as Adjunct Faculty Member in the School of Law and Government in early 2004 and De Bono accepted an adjunct Professorship in the university in mid-2005.
- Two to eight years Post-doctoral experience
- Excellent research track record
- Publications in high-quality, peer- reviewed journals of international standing
- Experience of communicating research at a high profile, both nationally and internationally
- Evidence of the potential to develop as a future research leader
- A three-year contract of employment with a salary ranging from €46,807 to €49,600 pa
- Following the successful completion of the three-year term, Fellows may have the opportunity to join the full-time academic staff of the University
- Mentorship and career development support
- The opportunity to acquire teaching experience on DCU’s undergraduate or postgraduate programmes. Teaching activity will not normally be more than 50 hours per academic year
- Access to an extensive set of professional development opportunities that address the core areas of academic endeavour: Research and Scholarship, Teaching and Learning, and Service and Contribution to University and Society
- Valuable experience at Ireland’s most innovative university, located in one of Europe’s most dynamic cities – Dublin
How To Apply:
Please apply through This Link
December 14th, 2018