VIB is a life sciences research institute in Flanders, Belgium. With more than 1470 scientists from over 60 countries, we perform basic research into the molecular foundations of life. VIB is an excellence-based entrepreneurial institute that focuses on translating basic scientific results into pharmaceutical, agricultural and industrial applications.
VIB works in close partnership with five universities − UGent, KU Leuven, University of Antwerp, Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Hasselt University and is funded by the Flemish government. VIB develops and disseminates a wide range of science-based information about all aspects of biotechnology.
- PhD degree in the ﬁelds of sciences, biomedical sciences, biotechnology and biochemistry, or bioengineering.
- Strong publication records.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong passion for life sciences.
- The candidate is expected to work both independently and in a team spirit.
- Experience in the study of RIPKs, cell death, inflammation, infection and/or autophagy is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of English (oral and written).
The position is partially funded by the Belgian Excellence of Science (EOS) program to perform research in the framework of the MODEL-IDI (MOlecular mechanisms of cellular DEath and Life decisions in Inflammation, Degeneration and Infection), a research consortium made of biologists, immunologists, chemists and physicians that aims at performing fundamental research on the biology of cell death modalities and their consequences on the onset/progression of diseases.
How To Apply:
Please apply through This Link
Open for applications