The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree FIPDes is a 2-years Programme in Food Innovation & Product Design
It is the 1st course created to tackle the global challenges of food innovation along with product design and packaging.
- 65 high quality teachers and researchers
- 25 international guest speakers
- 10 research centers
- 7 incubators and technologic halls
- 3 experimental kitchens
- 10 different scientific fields
- 40% practical, experimental and project work
A consortium of 5 top-ranking European Universities:
- Université Paris Saclay and AgroParisTech - France
- Dublin Institute of Technology - Ireland
- University of Naples Federico II - Italy
- Lund University - Sweden
These universities, amongst the oldest and most prestigious institutes in Europe, offer this truly integrated and unique programme, adopting a holistic and cross-disciplinary approach: from initial conception through prototypes to consumption, from raw materials to packaged goods.
The following scheme illustrates the international mobility cycle. During the semester 1 the students attend altogether courses in Paris, France. In the semester 2 they move to Dublin, Ireland. Afterwards students attend a summer school and an optional summer internship. For the semester 3 students specialize in one of the three options: France, Sweden or Italy. During the semester 4 students carry out the Master Thesis according to their specialization. The FIPDes Master concludes with a graduation ceremony integrated in the FIPDes Week, which is the introduction week for the new cohort.
The EMJMD scholarships are including student participation costs (including the tuition fees, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory costs related to student participation in the course). Visit HERE for information about scholarship distribution.
How to Apply:
- The application process is extremely selective and only the best candidates will be admitted to the programme.Application to the EMJMD-FIPDes programme is made with the online application tool.
- Please make sure you select the "FIPDes" choice on the drop-down menu when you log in for the first time (after the verification of your email address).
- WARNING! Some email addresses are rejected by the system (e.g. "qq.com"). If you didn’t receive an automatic email after submission of your application, please open a new account with another email address.
- Completed application form (using the provided online tool)
- Scan of Passport (with photo, date of expiry and personal details / ID can be accepted for European students only)
- Curriculum Vitae (if possible in European Format, see the Europass Website)
- Letter of Motivation
- Copy of BSc-degree or equivalent (Scan of the official degree or temporary certificates required)
- Translation of Diploma (if applicable, official translation in English or one of the languages of the Partner Universities: French, Italian, Swedish)
- Transcripts of academic records for each year of the BSc degree or equivalent (official signed and stamped transcripts with explanation of the grading system, and, if applicable, official translation in English or one of the languages of the Partner Universities: French, Italian, Swedish)
- Recommendation letter: Two reference letters (signed and stamped, if possible use the FIPDes form
- Proof of English Proficiency: Proof of English level ("B2 level" according to CEFR, advanced) demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL at minimum level 575
- Internet-based TOEFL at minimum level 90
- IELTS at minimum level 6.5
- Cambridge Certificates: Cambridge English First (FCE) , Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE)
- Students with English as their mother tongue (the copy of passport is needed to prove this)
- Students who have completed a higher education degree with English as a medium of instruction (a certificate from the university is required to prove this)
- Stay of more than a year in an English-speaking country (a certificate from employer or other as applicable, or a copy of the passport page showing visa to enter and leave the English-speaking country, is needed to prove this)
- Exemptions can exceptionally be made for outstanding students with a lower English proficiency level
- Proof of your Place of Residence (a residence certificate in accordance with your municipality registration rules or a certificate from your place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question, in English and not older than 12 months)
- Download our guide for the online application
Application to an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship:
- Application to the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is made through the online application tool during the regular application to the FIPDes Programme.
- Non-EU and EU students can apply for up to three Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees each year. However, a student can benefit only once from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
- In the case that the applicant is selected for more than one EMJMD, he/she must decide which one he/she wants to follow.
- Please note that the personal data you provide when applying will be sent to the EACEA (EU agency in charge of Erasmus Mundus) and may be used by other bodies involved in the management of Erasmus Mundus (i.e. European Commission, Erasmus Mundus National Structures, EU Delegations, Erasmus Mundus Student and Alumni Association).
15 January 2019