The Colombian Institute of Educational Credit and Technical Studies Abroad ICETEX invites application for fully funded Government Scholarships. They are financial aid offered to foreign citizens of all nationalities. They are aimed at foreign professionals who do not have dual nationality (Colombian), who are not residing in Colombia and who have admission to a face-to-face program of specialization, masters or doctorate of the Catalog of Academic Offer General Call 2019.
- Coverage of 100% of all of these costs awarded by the Colombian higher education institution
- ICETEX will grant four hundred twenty-five thousand four hundred pesos ($ 425,400) for books and materials.
- Medical and hospital assistance in Colombia that includes repatriation in case of disability or death.
- The ICETEX will support each foreign fellow with monthly support for a value of three legal minimum monthly salaries in force, equivalent to $ 2,484,348 Colombian pesos, for the year 2019.
- Further, it will grant four hundred twenty-five thousand four hundred pesos ($ 425,400) in the first disbursement, for a single time, during the duration of the academic program.
- Also, ICETEX will send letters to the consulates of Colombia abroad for the issuance of the “V” type courtesy visa (visitor).
- A two hundred and twenty-one thousand three hundred and eighty-four pesos ($ 221,384) for contingencies.
- Be a citizen Foreign.
- Not have Colombian nationality.
- Nor be residing or having started studies in Colombia.
- Candidates may not be over 50 years old.
- Further, they should have an average of 4.0 out of 5.0 or it’s equivalent in the Colombian scale to apply the call.
- Also, have a professional or bachelor’s degree.
- Have admission to at least a graduate program that is in the Catalog of Academic Offer General Call 2019.
- The candidate can submit up to 3 letters of admission.
How to Apply:
- Eligible candidates may apply for the fully funded scholarships by the Government of Colombia online. Further, the candidates must fill up the application form and submit the completed form. Also, applicants must print a copy of the summary of the online form to include in the physical application.
- After filling up the online application, applicants must also send a physical application to the Colombian Government. The application should include:
- Letter of Admission from the Colombian university
- Likewise, Academic Letter of Recommendation
- Further, Score regarding Spanish Language Proficiency
- Moreover, Notarized copies of Academic Transcripts
- Academic essay arguing the importance of your studies in Colombia
- Similarly, A copy of Passport
- A CV
- Health Certificate
- Certificate of professional experience
- Also, Summary of online application to this call
28 June 2019.