The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) and the ASEAN Foundation (AF) have entered into an agreement to develop highly qualified human resources in the area of science and technology within ASEAN Member States through the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – ASEAN Foundation Post-graduate Scholarship Programme in Science and Technology (Phase 2: 2016 – 2022).
The CGI is a multidisciplinary post-graduate academic institute established in 2005, under the initiative of Professor Dr. Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol. The aim of CGI is to employ the most recent interactive teaching techniques used in world leading educational and research institutions to train trainees in the programme to be effective thinkers and leaders in their field of expertise, to better serve their countries’ needs towards sustainable development. The CGI is presently offering programmes leading to Master’s and Doctoral Degree in Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health, Environmental Toxicology, and Chemical Science.
The ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. Three decades after ASEAN was established, the ASEAN Leaders recognised that there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness, and contact among the people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that the ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during the ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on 15 December 1997. The ASEAN Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the ASEAN Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction, and development of the people of ASEAN.
This year, ten (10) scholarships are available for ASEAN nationals (except Thai citizen) who are interested to pursue a Master’s Degree at the CGI. Selection of successful applicants will be based on merit.
- The scholarship will cover tuition and other academic fees (credit fee, laboratory expenses, refresher course, enrollment fee, thesis fee, production of thesis documents)
- round trip airfare
- visa fee
- first settlement allowance
- relocation allowance
- monthly stipend
- book allowance
- health insurance, and others.
Scholarships are open to bonafide ASEAN nationals (except Thai citizen) who meet the following qualifications:
- Under 30 years of age
- Hold a Bachelor Degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 in one of the following fields:
- Sciences: Chemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Environmental Sciences
- Medical Sciences: Medicine, Medical Technology
- Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Applicants from other related fields are also welcome to apply.
- Have experience in scientific laboratory research
- Must have demonstrated English proficiency, preferably on one of two recognised tests of language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Must provide a statement of purpose explaining their interests in the study
Following documents must be submitted together with application form:
- Full Academic Transcript
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Statement of Purpose explaining interest of study
- Medical History Report
- Other supporting documents to facilitate application screening
How to Apply:
- Applicants should complete the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – the ASEAN Foundation Post-graduate Scholarship Programme’s application form and submit together with other supporting documents through the following channel:
- Send via e-mail the scan file of the application form and all the supporting document to:
The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI Scholarship Programme) 906 Kamphangphet 6 Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 THAILAND
- After step first send all the original documents via postal services to the address as stated on top.
30 October 2019