The Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (GUIPRS) is available during the University's annual PhD and research degree scholarship application round. The GUIPRS covers tuition fees for the applicant for up to three years for doctoral candidates and up to two years for research masters candidates. In addition, the scholarship covers Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the applicant and any dependant/s for the duration of the scholarship.
Research candidates are required to hold a visa for their program length plus an additional eight months to allow for interactive thesis marking. Candidates undertaking a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) will require 57 months of overseas health cover.
Holders of Griffith University scholarships will receive cover (if undertaking a PhD) for the first 42 months of their program and will be required to pay the remaining 15 months (and provide evidence of coverage) at the time of accepting their offer.
- The GUIPRS is a full fee paying scholarship and matches the value of the fees charged by the enrolment Element.
- The GUIPRS may be held for up to two years for a research masters program and up to three years for a doctoral program. A six month extension may be granted to doctoral candidates in certain circumstances.
How to Apply:
- Selection criteria is currently under review for this scholarship. Applicants should refer to current GUIPRS conditions of award.
How to Apply:
- New applicants must follow the process for submitting an online application for a higher degree by research program, which also includes a section for scholarship application. You can access the online application here.
- Current research candidates or applicants with a current offer (not yet commenced) are required to follow a different process for submitting a scholarship application. Details can be found here.
- Applicants may only apply a maximum of two times in a five year period for consideration in the scholarship ranking and selection process.
17 September 2019