The MY World 2030 Asia-Pacific Advocacy Programme is a series of comprehensive advocacy activities led by the UNDP Bangkok Regional Hub, UNV Asia-Pacific and UN SDG Action Campaign aiming to advocate for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and promote citizen engagement and data collection activities among young people across the Asia-Pacific region.
After two successful rounds, another group of talented young leaders will be selected to join the Advocacy Programme and will have the opportunity to work as MY World 2030 Advocates and become agents of change in their community, city, region and country.
See highlights from the last year in our interactive newsletter & learn more about key milestones in the Annual Progress Report. See Humans of MY World.
- Raise awareness for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Collect citizen data and input using the MY World 2030 survey (https://myworld2030.org/)
- Advocate for citizen engagement in the implementation of the SDGs
- Mobilize your community, city, region and country to start taking action for the Sustainable Development Goals
- Collect at least 500 MY World 2030 votes and 5 Humans of MY World Stories in your community, city, region and country
- Organize a local advocacy event with local, regional, national stakeholders
- Document your activities: write blogs, take photos and be active on social media
- Learning and training webinars with the opportunity to develop real life experience/skills with the support from UN development practitioners.
- Opportunity to be sponsored to participate in a workshop organized in Bangkok (September-December 2019).
- Become part of the SDG Action Network, a global network of thousands of volunteers and organizations, challenging one another to make something meaningful happen.
- Receive a certificate of completion of the programme, and more importantly, discover where your talent, passion, and the needs of the world intersect.
In order to apply you need to match the following criteria:
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old.
- You must be a national or a resident of the following countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam. Other Asia-Pacific countries will also be considered.
- You must be passionate about the Sustainable Development Goals and believe in a world where people can shape their own future.
- You must possess good organizational and communication skills, and have the ability to work independently.
- You must be available and willing to work at least 6-8 hours a week for the duration of the programme.
How to Apply:
To apply please fill the online application form: http://bit.ly/MYWorldApplication. Inquiries related to this Call for Applications can be directed to: email@example.com.
19 July 2019