The ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships (AUS) are offered for citizens or permanent residents from the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN), except Singapore.
The Scholarship covers
- the subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) for the normal duration (up to four years) of the respective degree programmes at SUTD; and
- a living allowance of $5,800 per academic year for the recipients.
- The Scholarship is open to Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR) and International Students (IS) of ASEAN* (except Singapore) nationality applying for admission to full-time MOE-subsidised undergraduate degree programmes in SUTD that leads to a first degree, and who
- have outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications
- show exemplary Co-Curricular Activities records
- have good leadership qualities and potential
Terms and Condition:
- The recipient must pass all subjects in Term 1 and maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 out of 5.0 from Term 2 onwards. The academic performance will be reviewed every term.
- Recipients are not allowed to participate in overseas exchanges during the course of study for more than two terms (i.e. no more than six months).
- Recipients are required to complete at least 20 hours of service to the university. They may take on the role of student ambassador, or any other similar role, representing SUTD to give publicity talks, to receive guests, etc., as and when called upon to do so.
- Recipients may not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries or university loans. Concurrent holding of the LKY-STEP Award is allowed for SPRs only.
- The Scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the recipient’s academic progress or conduct is deemed unsatisfactory.
- In the event that the recipient terminates the scholarship prematurely (due to voluntary withdrawal from SUTD or due to disciplinary reasons), the recipient will be liable to pay liquidated damages to MOE (i.e. equivalent to the tuition grant subsidy amount received by the recipient from the commencement of the scholarship till its termination plus 10% compounded interest per annum).
- Application for the scholarships is made at the same time as application for admission to SUTD.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified in due course.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible applicants.
SUTD reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
13 May 2020