The Indonesia Global Leaders Scholarship is an exciting opportunity for high achieving students from Indonesia to further their studies in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics and Law. Challenge yourself academically and develop the skills to thrive in constantly changing and competitive business environments.
This scholarship is offered for students commencing in Semester 1 and Semester 2. Closing date for students commencing in Semester 1 is 30 November. Closing date for students commencing in Semester 2 is 30 April.
Successful Global Leaders scholars will receive:
- $5,000 - $10,000 tuition fee scholarship. The final amount awarded to the successful applicants will be at the discretion of the selection committee
- Students will join an elite UQ Global Leaders community of high achievers throughout your studies, and simultaneously develop employability skills through priority access to exciting programs on offer through our award-winning Student Employability Team. Students will also receive exclusive invitations to selected ‘Invite only’ seminars, presentations, and events throughout your studies. Upon graduation, students will join a global network of outstanding Global Leaders scholarship alumni, and build upon their professional networks at home and abroad.
- Citizens of Indonesia who normally reside in Indonesia and are not already undertaking any studies in Australia*. Those studying an English language course** in Australia are still eligible to apply.
- Students must not simultaneously hold another scholarship for tuition fees.
- Students who have received an offer for a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate program and who are commencing students at UQ (the opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students, or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange).
- Criteria is based on academic excellence, and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
Students must have completed the International Baccalaureate for direct entry, or for those who are undertaking degree level studies from a recognised, degree granting institution in Indonesia, at least one year must be completed. Students from our partner institutions are strongly encouraged to apply.
High achieving students who have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized tertiary institution are also encouraged to apply.
* Undertaking studies in Australia may include diploma, certificate, Foundation Studies or degree.
** An English language course/program is usually taken to prepare for the English requirements in order to enter into a university degree program (in the case of UQ an academic IELTS or TOEFL). Programs may be taken to improve a specific academic skill, such as reading, writing, or grammar.
You must apply for your chosen degree program first before applying for this scholarship.
Applications close on the same dates every year:
- 30 November for semester 1
- 30 April for semester 2.
- Personal/motivational statement - this statement should be no more than 1000 words and address:
- The reasons for your interest in your chosen degree program, including why you wish to study this program at UQ
- Your personal goals and ambitions and evidence of any previous activities or experiences (including voluntary activities) which demonstrate your commitment to those goals and ambitions.
- One reference letter in English from teaching staff at your institution or from an employer. The academic reference letter should ideally rank your academic performance against your peer group.
Indonesia Global Leaders Scholarship application form
Scholarship terms and conditions (PDF, 269KB)
30 November 2020