Students will be exposed to several aspects of KAUST’s work with relevance to understanding the Red Sea, including genomics, ecology, biological oceanography, microbiology, and environmental science. The course includes fieldwork, lab work, lectures, and data workshops.
- Round-trip airfare to/from international airport of departure-Jeddah (KAUST)
- Private bedroom and bath in a shared residential suite
- Three-week workshop living allowance ($800USD )
- Health insurance while at KAUST
- Visa fees (Students must have valid passport)
- Access to community recreational resources
- Some group meals are included during Program
- Social and cultural activities
- Tuition-free program
- The ideal program participant will be a current undergraduate or Master’s student with a strong background in core biological sciences, preferably also with at least one specialized course, such as ecology, zoology, genetics, oceanography, or marine biology.
- Note: Enrolled KAUST students, KAUST Alumni, students who are currently in a PhD program or those who have earned a PhD are not eligible to participate.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) that exceeds 3.50 /4.00 (14/20: Equivalent to ECTS B).
- Demonstrated English reading comprehension, speaking, listening and writing abilities. Suggested levels; TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT or 6.0 on the IELTS.
Documents for your application:
- Official academic transcript(s) or a certified translation if the original transcript(s) is not in English from current and previous institutions.
- Personal Statement of Intent,
- Letter of Recommendation from professor or academic supervisor
- A passport with validity until 2020 (and two blank facing pages).
How to Apply:
- Click here for detailed application instructions.
- Please click this link to submit your application to the 2019 Red Sea Summer Program.
12 April 2020