In this scope, our Institute is organizing the Turkish Cinema Summer School to share Turkey’s cinematic history with the world and present a deeper insight into Turkish cinema.
Scholarship covers the following:
- International and local transportation
- Three meals a day
- Course materials
- Museum / archaeological site entrance fees
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa costs
- Personal expenditures
Single rooms at dormitories/guesthouses of universities or other public institutions.
Theme and subjects
- Seminars: Seminars rich in content to be delivered by academicians, directors, actors/actresses, critics etc. about the history, films, actors/actresses of Turkish cinema
- Film screenings and interviews: Screening of masterpieces of Turkish cinema and discussions on these masterpieces with academicians from universities, directors, actors/actresses, critics etc.
- Field visits: Famous and significant movie locations, film sets, film production companies, series/film shooting areas, movie theatres, cinema departments, cinema museums etc.
- Presentations by participants: Presentations which the participants will prepare about Turkish cinema in the course of the program
- Optional A1 Turkish course
- City sightseeing tour: Historic and touristic city sightseeing tours in Istanbul
Target Group and Application Requirements
Only one person per country will be admitted to the program. 25 people will be accepted in total who will constitute a single class from among those meeting the requirements below.
- Good command of English (at least B2)
- Should be between 18-35 years of age
- Should open to intercultural dialogue
- Should have a genuine interest in foreign cultures
- Should be studying/have studied cinema or be working in the cinema industry
- Should preferably be a producer, director or script writer of short or feature films
- or should have took part in a film project
- Should have no health problems that could impede traveling
Medium of instruction and communication in the programme will be English, due to the international participation.
Date and Method of Application:
Applications shall be made online at the address http://basvuru.yee.org.tr/en between 0 February 2020 - 31 March 2020
31 March 2020