Japan ASEAN Collaborative Education Program (JACEP) is a scholarship programme to foster a strong educational relationship among universities in ASEAN and Japan in Energy Engineering field. The proposed program is based on the existing Master of Renewable Energy and Master of Energy Science, the Double Master’s Degree Program (MRE-DD) managed by the University of Malaya and Kyoto University. Scholarship recipient has to complete Master of Renewable Energy at University of Malaya and Master of Energy Science at Kyoto University within two (2) years.
Full scholarships are offered which include:
- academic fees,
- return flight tickets,
- monthly allowance,
- medical and life insurance,
- student VISA processing,
- relocation allowance,
- language support,
- as well as research materials support for Research Project with assistance of PhD Postgraduate student.
- Bachelor's Degree with honors in the field of Engineering or Science related or equivalent.
- Total of 12 scholarships are given for this JACEP programme. Maximum four batch with minimum 3 scholarships per-intake.
- This scholarship is mainly offer for candidates from Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos and also other ASEAN countries except Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei.
- CGPA > 3.0
- If 2.7< CGPA <2.99 (Need to have Scholarship or 1 publication)
- If 2.5< CGPA <2.69 (Need to have Scholarship and 1 publication)
- Language requirement: Need to have at least:
- IELTS: Band 5.5 (academic)
- TOEFL: 550 paper-based / 213 computer-based / 80 internet-based
- Pass in any equivalent English proficiency test approved and recognised by the University of Malaya.
- There will be an interview as part of the selection process.
How to Apply:
- Interested applicant can apply the JACEP Scholarship Programme by fill-up the Application Form. The application form can be download from UMPEDAC website under the JICA AUN/SEED-Net Programme.or HERE
- Completed application Form must be submitted on 8th May 2020. Applicant is required to enclose all required document as needed.
- Successful applicant will be called for an interview 1/ 2 weeks after the closing date.
08 May 2020