The University of Warwick (abbreviated as Warw. in post-nominal letters) is a public research university on the outskirts of Coventry, England. It was founded in 1965 as part of a government initiative to expand higher education. Within the University, Warwick Business School was established in 1967, Warwick Law School was established in 1968, Warwick Manufacturing Group (now WMG) was established in 1980 and Warwick Medical School was opened in 2000. Warwick merged with Coventry College of Education in 1979 and Horticulture Research International in 2004. Warwick is consistently cited as amongst the world's most targeted university institutions by employers.
Up to five School of Life Sciences (SLS) Excellence Scholarships will be awarded as a 50% reduction of course fees.
- Before applying, applicants should have an offer to study on a School of Life Sciences full-time taught MSc course starting October 2019.
- Applicants should have an excellent academic track-record, typically the equivalent of a British 1st Class Honours Degree. The Scholarship Review Panel will assess both academic achievement and the supporting statement when awarding.
- For conditional offer-holders, scholarship awards will also be conditional on achieving any language requirements and the awardee's final predicted grade.
- SLS Excellence Scholarships are for self-funded students only. Students with other partial funding may be considered. Recipients should inform Dr Charlotte Moonan (Charlotte.Moonan@warwick.ac.uk) if they are in receipt of another scholarship or are later awarded other funding.
- Applications for SLS Excellence Scholarships are welcome from home, EU and international students.
- SLS Excellence Scholarships are paid towards tuition fees only.
- SLS Excellence Scholarships will be awarded across all Life Sciences full-time taught MSc Programmes to maximise nationality and gender diversity.
- Scholarship recipients will be asked to carry out some ambassadorial duties for the School.
How To Apply:
Students must complete a Scholarship Application in order to be considered for an SLS Excellence Scholarship.
11 February and 20 May 2020