ISA is a project of the Schutzgemeinschaft Deutscher Wald Lv. Hamburg e.V. (SDW) [The Protective Association for the German Forest] and is located in Hamburg in the WÄLDERHAUS. The goal is to support and strengthen international cooperation in the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Available resources and network structures of the SDW can and should be used effectively. In this way the Academy creates the link between work at local level and international exchange. In the first instance the planned project goals should be new solutions in climate protection.
The scholarship is sponsored by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is aimed at interested parties in emerging countries and economies on the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) list. The Schutzgemeinschaft Deutscher Wald Landesverband Hamburg e.V. (SDW), as a NUN-certified education center for sustainable development (BNE), heads the ISA which is responsible for the scholarship-holders. The program will be sponsored initially until the end of 2022. Four courses are planned as of September 2019 to December 2022.
The international transfer of knowledge shall help the 12 scholarship-holders to further develop their existing special fields and/or existing projects in terms of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Of particular importance and given priority are activities in respect of climate protection in their home countries.
The costs for accommodation in flat-shares, the work station, the costs of return flights, health insurance and a 10-week German language course will be taken over. In addition each sponsorship-holder will receive an amount of money for the research work.
- Costs of the stay will be paid
- € 1,300 per month expenses (includes own research and as applicable, excursions and internships)
- Health insurance
- accommodation (private, furnished flat-share room (ca. 12m²) with shared bathroom and kitchen)
- return flight (Economy Class (max. three stopovers, flight from home country airport) (airport transfer in home country may be granted under justified circumstances)
- airport transfer in Hamburg with public transport
- season ticket for the use of public transport in Hamburg
- costs of group excursions
- BMZ sponsorship regulations apply
- Applicants must come from countries or regions on the DAC list
- Evidence of English skills of at least B1 or better
- Evidence of university degree and/or relevant professional experience
- Applicants must already be working on a project or research in their home country, ideally on the theme of climate protection which they can further consolidate in Germany. It is important that the benefits to the home country can be seen
- The project must be attributable to one or more Sustainable Development Goals (SDG ́s)
- You must apply for a visa at the Germany Embassy in your home country
- There is no age limit for applicants.
- Selection is based on the following requirements and the dimensions deduced from them:
- INTELLECTUAL ABILITIES – Specialist qualification – general education/ open-mindedness and interest/ creativity;
- VALUE ORIENTATION / RESPONSIBILITY – standpoint and tolerance – independent thinking
- GENERAL environment policy commitment – volunteer activities taking into account own artistic or scientific performance
- PERSONALITY – motivation – potential – personal presentation – social competence
- Evidence of educational qualifications, diploma, Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Letter of motivation, 1,000 characters
- A typed or word processed, formulated, 3–4 page curriculum vitae with date and signature (not tabular, written on one side only and not tacked together)
- Evidence of English skills (min. B1)
- Project description, 1,500 characters
- Eligibility for a stay abroad (matriculation, authorization from employer)
Selection Criteria and Procedures:
Please visit HERE for apply
30 June 2020
- Applications are to be made using the form on this website that will be released about 10 months before the beginning of each of the courses. Documents required for the application can be uploaded directly into the template.
- Please note that only complete application documentation can be taken into account
- During the applications phase the project team is available for your questions per e-mail, phone or video conference. Closing date for applications as a rule is 6 months beforehand.
- A telephone interview will be conducted with interesting candidates. In the selection process not only Project Leader and Educational Specialist take part but also two independent representatives, for example, from a company or an educational establishment.
Please visit HERE for apply
30 June 2020