TAIST (Thailand Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) is based on the idea of collaboration among NSTDA and partner universities in Thailand and a foreign institution to develop the Thai human resources. TAIST will serve as a virtual institution and focal point. NSTDA will provide researchers to act as adjunct professors, research projects and scholarships for graduate students. A foreign institution or university will provide a world class background, expertise and experience, academic instruction and research advice. Thai universities will provide an academic frame work, academic staff to oversee and guide students and degrees for the successful candidates. The viability of the idea is nicely demonstrated by the creation of the first TAIST, namely TAIST-Tokyo Tech, with the cooperation of Tokyo Institute of Technology (Tokyo Tech), King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (KMITL), Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT), King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT) and Kasetsart University (KU). It is expected that several similar collaborations will be established in the future.
Master Degree Scholarships (International Program) Thailand Advanced Institute of Science and Technology and Tokyo Institute of Technology (TAIST-Tokyo Tech)
There is 2 type of scholarship available.
I. TAIST-Tokyo Tech Scholarship
- Receive a Master of Engineering degree from a host university (KMITL, KMUTT, KU or SIIT) and a certificate from Tokyo Tech, NSTDA, and a host university
- Receive a certificate in Rail transportation form Tokyo Tech, NSTDA , and Mahidol university (optional)
- Tuition fee and thesis supports
- Conference participation supports
- Extra curricula activity supports, e.g. Exchange/internship programs with partner university/institute/industry domestically or abroad.
- Opportunity to conduct advanced research work under supervisions of Professors from host university and Tokyo Tech, and NSTDA researchers (Available research fields)
- Study in international environment (English as a medium of instruction, with international instructors and students)
- Similar supports to TAIST-Tokyo Tech Scholarship PLUS monthly allowance from the TAIST-Tokyo Tech program of 10,000 Baht/month for up to 2 years under the following conditions:
- Students have to conduct their thesis on NSTDA's research topics and have NSTDA researcher as thesis main or co-supervisor (as the rules and regulation allows).
- Students have to submit research progress every 6 months.
- Students are not allowed to receive living allowance from other scholarships.
- Available research topics for TAIST-Tokyo Tech Living allowance Scholarships.
- ASEAN students who comply with those conditions are also entitled to receive full scholarship.
- Those who passed the interview process without condition/passed with NSTDA scholarship condition can download the living allowance scholarship application here.
- Applicants must be nationals of ASEAN.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree of either Engineering or Science in an appropriate discipline (Automotive, Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgical, Control, Electronic, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Materials, Geology, Environmental, Industrial, Agro-Industrial, Forestry, Production Forestry, Computer etc.) or to be awarded the Bachelor's degree before starting the Master's degree program.
- Applicants must have the grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 or 2-year experience in relevant research and work as specified by the Executive Committee.
How to Apply:
- Applicants complete one set of TAIST-Tokyo Tech application form with the following documents
- Two 1x1-inch photographs taken within the past six months.
- Official Bachelor's transcript with grade point.
- Statement of purpose (Summary of senior projects, Statement for study motivation, or Statement of research interest)
- Letter of recommendation from applicant's Advisor. (A recommendation form can be downloaded from Online Application system or Download here)
- Letter of recommendation from applicant's Lecturer or Head of department or Company supervisor, if available. (A recommendation form can be downloaded from Online application system or Download here)
- Certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL, CU-TEP, TU-GET, IELTS, TOEIC, KU EPT) taken within two years before the application date, if available. See more detail.
- Applicants must apply and submit the application via http://www.biotec.or.th/nstdaScholarship_v2/index.php/site/login?scholartype=taist and submit your original documents on the interview day.
- Candidates who don't submit English score required by TAIST-Tokyo Tech have to take English Test on the interview day.
- Candidates who reside in regional areas of Thailand and overseas can be interviewed via SKYPE.
27 May 2020
27 May 2020