The ASEAN Foundation in collaboration with Microsoft and Empire Code proudly presents the Future Ready ASEAN Competition 2020. The Future Ready ASEAN Competition is a competition which targets ASEAN youth aged 15 to 35 who have been trained on the Future Ready ASEAN platform to apply what they have learnt on data science. The competition will require you to find a solution in data science related to ASEAN culture and heritage. The use of the coding language Python or Microsoft's business analytics application Power BI is required. The Theme: Let’s use data science to understand and promote ASEAN culture and heritage, which includes historical aspects of art, culture, dance, music and theatre. Team submissions require 2 participants and 1 mentor, this is a mandatory requirement. Girls are encouraged to apply. For any enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finals & Prizes
Finals & Prizes
Finalists will represent their country and provide a presentation over a live-webinar on their theme, findings and technical work completed in early October 2020.
- Champion: USD 1,500
- 1st Runner Up: USD 1,000
- 2nd Runner Up: USD 500
- For all ASEAN youth aged 15 to 35. Girls are encouraged to apply. The competition is open to all ASEAN countries. Team submissions with 2 participants and 1 mentor are required. Only 1 submission is permitted per team. Mentors can manage more than 1 team. All participants and mentors are required to register on the FutureReadyASEAN website as a user and obtain the following:
- Digital Citizen – beginner level badge (yellow belt)
- Dream Team Player – beginner level badge (yellow belt)
- Data Wizard – advanced level badge (blue belt
- Social Innovator – beginner level badge (yellow belt)
- Theme (20%) – Culture or heritage chosen and content.
- Findings (30%) – Details of work involved and use of various techniques to determine your conclusions on a short PowerPoint presentation of maximum 10 slides.
- Technical Work (40%) – Use of Power BI or Python to create a workable data science model based on your findings.
- Instructions (10%) – Ability to take competition requirement instructions.
11 September 2020, 23:59 Jakarta Time.