The Deanship of Graduate Studies at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) is pleased to announce that KFUPM provides full MS and PhD scholarships for distinguished graduate applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the fields of Engineering, Sciences, and Business.
The online application portal is open twice every academic year. All interested and eligible, local and International candidates are invited to apply according to the deadlines available in this link http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Pages/en/Application-Deadlines.aspx.
Distinguished Partnership of KFUPM with International Institutions
KFUPM has a very strong collaborative partnership on conducting innovative research with the following international institutions:
- MIT: Clean Water and Clean Energy.
- Stanford: Oil, Gas, and Geosciences.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech): Petrochemicals and Polymers.
- Technical University of Munich: Refining and Petrochemicals.
- Cambridge University: Oil and Gas.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech): Geo-signal Processing and Smart Grids.
- National University of Singapore: Refining and Petrochemicals
- KAUST: Many research disciplines in Engineering and Sciences.
- Saudi Aramco (the largest oil company worldwide): Many research disciplines.
- SABIC (one of the leading petrochemical companies worldwide): Refining, Petrochemical, and Polymers.
- In addition to many world-class universities and industries in different research fields.
- Free tuition.
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- Free furnished air-conditioned bachelor housing.
- Essential Medical care.
- Free Textbooks.
- Subsidized Meals in the University cafeteria.
- A chance to participate along with the University faculty in the Research and Book writing
- Projects funded by the University.
- A prepaid Airfare Ticket for Initial Travel to Dammam at the start of the contract, and a Return Ticket after his completion of the Degree (for RA and Lecturers-B).
- Other benefits are also available in accordance with University policy.
- For Master: A four-year Bachelor’s Degree required.
- For Ph.D.: An M.S. degree in engineering or science required.
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00.
For more info about requirement, please CLICK HERE
- Mandatory documents for an application (without which application will not be processed
- Copy of identification (Passport for international applicants / National ID for Saudi nationals / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
- Complete official transcripts for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD).
- Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research goals at KFUPM).
- Recommendation Letters from academic referees through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
- Certificates for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD) if degrees granted.
- GMAT score (for international MBA applicants).
Other supporting documents (needed for a final decision)
- TOEFL score (min. is 68 iBT for MS and 79 iBT for PhD) or IELTS score (min. is 6 for MS and 6.5 for PhD).
- Acceptable GRE General score (min. Quant. is 156, min. Analytical Writing is 4.0).
- Upon approval, original/certified copies of degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) are to be sent through postal mail.
How to Apply:
- The online graduate admission application for the coming semester will be available according to the Online application Deadlines through the Online Application link
- After submission of a complete online application, mandatory documents need to be uploaded before the Deadlines through the Upload System using the same Login ID and PIN created for the online application.
22 September 2020 (Open 07 September 2020)