Under an agreement with the Department of Education WA, Balai Bahasa Indonesia Perth each year brings to Western Australia, young Indonesians to work as Indonesian language assistants and ambassadors for Indonesia in Indonesian language classes in public schools. Language Assistants must be recent graduates in the area of education with English or Indonesian language focus or at least a passion for Indonesia language in the teaching field.
IMPORTANT: The Language Assistant program is bound by the laws and regulations relating to Covid-19 which are set by the governments of the State of Western Australia and the Commonwealth of Australia.
**Conditions of entry to Australia may change dependent on Covid-19 restrictions in 2021**
If you are Indonesian and living in Indonesia this may be the opportunity for you. Applicants must:
- Be under the age of 31 years as of 31 December 2021 i.e. Born after 31 Dec 1990
(due to Australian Immigration Special Program Visa requirements)
- Hold a recent graduate degree (S1), preferably majoring in the teaching of Indonesian language or English language.
- Have good written and oral English ability (proven by IELTS score of at least 6.5 or its TOEFL equivalent, 600)
- Be interested in and passionate about promoting the language and cultures of Indonesia
- read the LAP Guidelines 2021 Click HERE
- Complete the online application form (link below) which includes:
- an application letter written in English
- Your latest English Language Proficiency test (IELTS minimum 6, TOEFL IBT min 90 OR TOEFL PBT min 577 only accepted)
TOEFL ITP (Institutional Testing Program) NOT ACCEPTED
- a letter of recommendation from their immediate supervisor or manager
- a self-written short essay (500 words) in English on the applicant’s motivation or expression of interest to take part in the LAP program including their personal attributes
- a letter from a guarantor in Indonesia stating that they will cover the cost of returning the applicant to Indonesia in an emergency
- Be available for a phone or online interview if required during the selection process
- Take a medical examination in Indonesia
- If selected, be willing and ready to be posted to any location within the state of Western Australia
- Arrange their own travel documents (passport and visa), return ticket to Perth, health insurance and other necessary expenses that may occur
How to Apply:
Complete the online form HERE to apply NOW!
Only applications submitted via the online application form above will be accepted
25 September 2020