The Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP) awards up to 105 scholarships to high-caliber students in Asia each year to study abroad in leading universities across East Asia. In its mission to create intercultural opportunities for the next generation of leaders, the AFLSP partners with 16 universities in nine cities, where scholars are welcome to pursue their choice of an undergraduate, master’s, or doctoral degree or exchange program (subject to specific restrictions at each university). The scholarship offers each student up to US$25,000 per year or a total of US$50,000 per scholar, which may be used towards university tuition, accommodation costs, and personal living expenses.
Scholars are required to participate in the annual BXAI Summer Program, a fun and enriching experience where they have the unique opportunity to explore important global topics, engage with guest speakers and fellow scholars, and be inspired by the culture and people of the host country. Bai Xian Alumni are also invited to take part in the Bai Xian Alumni Initiative Award (AIA), a program that encourages them to work together in teams across campuses and borders to develop socially responsible action plans that address critical challenges faced by Asia’s communities, environments, and economies today.
- The Participating University applicants for Bai Xian Asia Institute-Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program, 2019 will get US$50,000 from the Institute.
- Subject to a maximum commitment of US$50,000 from Bai Xian Asia Institute, the AFLSP Scholarship provides up to US$25,000 per Scholar per year which covers following expenses of an applicant for Bai Xian Asia Institute-Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program, 2019.
- university tuition fees, matriculation, and
- accommodation fee, living expense.
- Financial need is not a factor in granting the AFLSP Scholarship.
- The candidates applying for Bai Xian Asia Institute-Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program, 2019 should be students from Asia. List University
- The applicants for Bai Xian Asia Institute-Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program, 2019 should be Asian students applying for a full-time degree program or should be enrolled at any of the anchor universities.
- The candidates applying for Bai Xian Asia Institute-Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program, 2019 from Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea should be applying for a full-time degree program or enrolled at any of the participating universities.
- The students from anchor universities should contact the relevant office or program administrator to express their interest.
- The students from anchor universities will be fully supported for the duration of their degree studies.
- The students from the Participating Universities will be offered the scholarship recommended, accepted, and enrolled at one of those universities.
- The candidates applying for Bai Xian Asia Institute-Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program, 2019 should first register their interest and complete the online application.
- The participating universities will be provided with access to the data submitted by the applicants.
- Up to 10 candidates will be recommended by the participating universities.
- The Participating University will submit the applicant's transcript and PU's recommendation letter.
31 January 2019