Since its inception in 2004, over 110,000 students in more than 80 countries have participated in the English Access Microscholarship Program (Access). Access is a global scholarship program supported by the U.S. Department of State that provides a foundation of English language skills to talented 13-20-year-olds from economically disadvantaged backgrounds through after-school classes and intensive sessions. Access students also gain an appreciation for U.S. culture and democratic values through enhancement activities. Access seeks to equip selected students with strong English language skills that can lead to better jobs, educational opportunities, and gain the ability to participate in and compete for future exchanges and study in the United States.
In 2016-2018 program year, English Access Microscholarship Program conducted in five (5) cities; Medan (North Sumatera), Bekasi (West Java), Jombang (East Java), Kupang (East Nusa Tenggara), and Gorontalo (North Sulawesi).
In 2018-2020 program year, Access Program runs in six (6) cities; Lampung (Bandar Lampung), Serang (West Java), Jember (East Java), Bima (West Nusa Tenggara), Ternate (North Maluku), Palangkaraya (Central Kalimantan).
English Access Microscholarship Program 2020-2022 is open for application.
For 2020-2022, Access Program will be conducted in 5 cities; DKI Jakarta, Medan (North Sumatera), and Surabaya (East Java) for high school class, and DI Yogyakarta and Malang (East Java) for university class.
- For high school class / equivalent:
- a. Is a student class X in High School/Equivalent.
- b. Have an average final grade report card of at least 7.
- For University Classes:
- a. Is a 1st year student of the English Education / English Literature Study Program from a State / Private University.
- b. Have a minimum GPA average of 3.0.
- Between 16 s / d 20 years old.
- Has high leadership potential and learning motivation.
- Show a prood for Underprivileged.
- Willing to join the program for 2 (two) years.
How to Apply:
To apply for a scholarship to study English for the Access Indonesia Program, participants can fill out the online registration form at the following link: http://www.iief.or.id/joinaccessnow.
15 November 2020