The Excellence Programme is initiated by Wageningen University & Research to attract excellent students for a master’s programme, and who might have the potential to do a PhD after MSc graduation. In Wageningen or elsewhere.
You can only take part in the Excellence Programme on invitation. See below for the procedure and time schedule. During the selection process, the candidates will be requested to fill in a web form, to do an additional assignment, and might have a skype interview.Components of the scholarship:
- A tuition fee waiver for the duration of the programme (24 months).
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee).
- A budget for participation in the 'reach your full potential programme'.
- You come from a country outside the European Economic Area (and Switzerland).
- You have applied for one of the MSc programmes at Wageningen University & Research before March 1st, 2021. For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme? (Non EU/EFTA)
- During your MSc application you have uploaded a reference letter from a professor, preferably of a high ranked institute.
- You have a high GPA.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Apply for an MSc programme before March 1st, 2021
- If you feel that that the description in Step 1 applies to you, you can apply for an MSc programme and, after being admitted, we might invite you to participate in the ASP selection process.
- For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme? (Non EU/EFTA)
- A list of Wageningen University MSc programmes can be found here
- Step 2: Invitation to apply
- In the first half of March 2021, all students who have been unconditionally admitted to an MSc programme at Wageningen University will be assessed with regard to the Excellence Scholarship Programme.
- A selected group of candidates will be invited by e-mail on April 19th, 2021 to participate in the Excellence selection procedure. Only candidates who will be invited for the selection will receive an e-mail. It will be announced on the website (under step 4) when the invitations have been sent.
- The first step of the selection procedure consists of an assignment for which the deadline will be May 2nd, 2021.
- After a thorough assessment of all received assignments and if we feel it’s necessary, a smaller selection of candidates can be invited for the second step of the selection procedure, which is a Skype interview with a part the selection committee. The Skype interviews will take place on May 25th or May 26th, 2021.
- All selected candidates who have been invited to write an assignment will be informed on May 17th, 2021 whether or not they will be invited for a Skype interview.
- Step 3: Result of the selection process
- On May 28th, 2021, the result of the selection process will be communicated to all candidates who wrote an assignment.
- The possible results are:
- Positive and an Excellence scholarship will be granted;
- Positive but the candidate will be placed on a waiting list;
- Negative, meaning that no Excellence scholarship will be granted.
01 March 2021