With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years' professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master's degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master's/PhD) in Germany.
- A monthly allowance of euros 750 for graduates, and euros 1,000 for doctoral candidates.
- Travel allowance
- One-off research allowance
- Have completed a Master degree or Bachelor degree
- Master of Arts/Master of Science degree or Bachelor of Art.
- To be eligible, applicants should have graduated no longer than six years before the application deadline.
- Haven’t been in Germany more than 15 months
- Have a remarkable English language proficiency.
- Online application form
- CV (max. 3 pages)
- List of publication
- Extensive and detailed description of the research proposal and a description of previous research work (max. 10 pages)
- Degree certificate that indicate final grade
- Copy of school-leaving certificate which entitles holders to study at a university in the home country.
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language
- Other documents which support your application (example: certificates of employment, proof of placements, etc.)
- All university certificates on all annual examinations with individual grade(s), incl. explanation of grading system.
31 Oktober 2017