The Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award is a one-time, merit-based entrance scholarship awarded to qualified students when they are offered admission to UBC. Students selected for this award show strength academically and display involvement outside of the classroom.
To be considered for an OIS Award, you must:
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college)
- Be an international student studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your scholarship eligibility.)
- Demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and strong extracurricular involvement
- Get one-time award around $ 5000, and renewable award until $ 60.000
- You could apply for another UBC scholarship such as Deputy Vice-Chancellor Scholarship for International Students, Donald Wehrung International Student Award, International Leader of Tomorrow Award
How to Apply:
You could apply through this link: (click here)
If you apply to UBC by January 15, you will be automatically considered for the OIS.
Click here for more information