Yanshan University is a university in Qinhuangdao, Hebei, China under the provincial government. It has a student population of 39,000 and a staff population of 3,200 (2,058 are teachers, including 413 full professors and 630 associate professors). It is a national key school and runs state key labs on its campus. YSU has five postdoctoral research stations, six disciplines of 35 subdisciplines conferring doctoral degrees, 13 disciplines of 80 subdisciplines conferring master's degrees, 16 masters of engineering programs, one Master of Public Administration (MPA) program, one Master of Business Administration (MBA) program, as well as 60 undergraduate programs. With such a wide range of programs, YSU has become a multiversity with emphasis laid on engineering studies and importance attached to liberal arts, sciences, economics, management, law and education.
YSU consists of 21 colleges and schools. YSU runs five national key disciplines, four key disciplines of national defence, 13 key provincial disciplines, one key national laboratory, 13 key provincial laboratories and engineering centres. YSU is known for its world-renowned achievements in the development of whole-set heavy machinery and equipment, the theory and technology of parallel robots, the technology of fluid transmission and electro-hydraulic servo-systems, the technology and equipment of precision plasticity figuration, technology of thermal treatment of big forging, the technology of mega amorphous bodies, metastable materials and technology, the theory and technology of industrial automation, etc.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a foreign passport and be in good health;
- Applicants for master’s degree program must have a diploma of bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Awardees of Chinese Government Scholarship, Confucius Institute Scholarship and other scholarships will be not accepted for this scholarship program.
- IELTS at or above 6.5 or TOFEL at or above 85 if courses are taught in English.
- Copy of passport (the photo page);
- YSU admission application form international students (with a photograph of the applicant);
- Certified educational records, degree certificates or diplomas, and academic transcripts (photocopy);
- Curriculum vitae or resume;
- Physical examination form for foreigners;
- Copy of HSK-5certificate or HSK-6 certificate if courses are taught in Chinese; IELTS at or above 6.5 or TOFEL at or above 85 if courses are taught in English.
- Personal statement;
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors
- Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- First class scholarship covers the following: registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus.
- The second class scholarship covers the following: registration fee and tuition fee.
How to Apply:
MAILING ADDRESS FOR APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO:
College of International Exchange, Yanshan University
438 Hebei Street, Qinhuangdao, Hebei Province, P.R. China. 066004
May 20th every year