The University of Newcastle is offering Aspen Foundation Indigenous Health Scholarship to support Indigenous students in completing a degree in Nursing or Social Work.
The Aspen Foundation is committed to supporting the undertaking of life-changing healthcare through significantly reducing or eradicating key illnesses and diseases in remote Australian communities and to provide education for the sustainability of improved health practices
The University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence and to creating a better future for its regions through a focus on innovation and impact
Scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate degree programme.
Scholarship is awarded to study Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Social Work undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $5,000 each year for up to 3 years of study in your program, with a total value of $15,000.
This will be paid to be paid as two lump sums of $2,500 after semester one and semester two census dates in each year
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st or 2nd year of a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Social Work undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
How to Apply:
If documentation is not provided with your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (max 2 A4 pages) demonstrating/outlining your academic achievements to date, career aspirations in the relevant area of study/research and how this scholarship would assist you.
- A written reference made by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community member.
- Documents for establishing Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander status with UON.
March 6, 2019