The Institut für die Wissenschaften vom Menschen (IWM, Institute for Human Sciences) is an independent institute for advanced study in the humanities and social sciences based in Vienna, Austria.The IWM was founded in 1982 by the Polish philosopher Krzysztof Michalski, who was rector of the institute until his death in February 2013. Since 2015 Shalini Randeria, professor of social anthropology and sociology, has been the institute's rector. The IWM is committed to broaching new and often contested topics of social relevance, thus contributing to debates on a wide range of political, social, economic, and cultural issues. Since its inception, the IWM has promoted international exchange and dialogue among scholars and intellectuals from different fields, societies, and cultures, most notably from Eastern and Western Europe. This exchange has increasingly included researchers from North America, from South-Eastern Europe and from former Soviet states.
The IWM is sustained by a community of scholars consisting of permanent fellows, visiting fellows and junior visiting fellows.
- Must be Ukrainian citizens
- Must be enrolled in a doctoral program at a Ukrainian institution of higher education or have recently obtained a PhD
- Must not be older than 35 years*
- A project proposal in English (max. 3 double-spaced pages) outlining:
- The academic problem(s) to be addressed
- The methods to be applied
- The resources to be consulted
- A curriculum vitae in English (max. 2 double-spaced pages)
- A list of publications
- Two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work
- Junior Visiting Fellows will receive a stipend of EUR 1,800 per month to cover accommodation, living expenses, travel, health insurance and any incidental costs related to their stay in Vienna.
- In addition, the IWM provides fellows with office space, including internet access, in-house research and administrative facilities as well as other services free of charge. The fellows will join the scholarly community and participate in the activities of the Institute.
How To Apply:
Please apply through This Link
January 11, 2019