The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (Abbreviation: A*STAR) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry of Singapore.
The agency supports R&D that is aligned to areas of competitive advantage and national needs for Singapore. These span the four technology domains of Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME), Health and Biomedical Sciences (HBMS), Urban Solutions and Sustainability (USS), and Services and Digital Economy (SDE) set out under the nation’s five-year R&D plan (RIE2020).
The agency's research institutes are located mostly in Biopolis and Fusionopolis. The total strength of the A*STAR community, including scientists and researchers, technical and non-technical staff, and industry development and commercialization staff was 5,400.
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
- A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
- The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
- * Subject to terms and conditions
How To Apply:
1. Browse PhD Research Projects, go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in.
2. Documents Required, do prepare the following documents in advance before applying.
- a. Identification card or Passport
- b. A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- OptionalGRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
4. And apply through This Link
1 December 2018