Syngenta AG is a Swiss-based global company that produces agrochemicals and seeds. As a biotechnology company, it conducts genomic research. It was formed in 2000 by the merger of Novartis Agribusiness and Zeneca Agrochemicals. As of 2014 Syngenta is the world’s largest crop chemical producer As of 2009 it ranked third in seeds and biotechnology sales. Sales in 2015 were approximately US$13.4 billion, over half of which were in emerging markets. It is owned by ChemChina, a Chinese state-owned enterprise.
Since Syngenta strongly believes that talented people are the key to successful businesses they embrace INSEAD's mission to train the brightest and best from around the world for the challenge of tomorrow's business world. Syngenta is particularly committed to the dynamic emerging market regions and has therefore chosen to offer this scholarship opportunity to future leaders from emerging countries.
- Candidates must be a national of an emerging economy and have spent a substantial part of their lives in the developing world, in education and/or professional experience.
- Experience in industry will be considered a plus. Preference will be given to candidates who require proven financial assistance.
- Complete online application and submit with essays.
- Two scholarships will be awarded per class and candidates for this scholarship will need to demonstrate: (a) outstanding academic achievement and promise (b) aptitude for business and financial management (c) leadership potential and (d) a commitment to contributing to their country or region at some point in the future.
There are 2 application deadlines
- For July 2020 class – 5 November 2018 and 4 January 2019
- And for December 2018 class – 8 April and 3 June 2019