A PhD position for an outstanding PhD student is available in the Center for Molecular Modeling at Ghent University. The PhD student will work towards a doctoral degree under the supervision of Prof. An Ghysels through the doctoral school’s program of Ghent University.
The Ghent University is a public research university located in Ghent, Belgium. It was established in 1817 by King William I of the Netherlands. After the Belgian revolution of 1830, the newly formed Belgian state began to administer the university.
Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available to Belgium and International students.
Entrance Requirements: We are seeking exceptionally qualified and motivated applicants for this position. Students with high grades and research experience in their B.Sc. and M.Sc. studies are strongly preferred.
- The PhD student should have excellent skills in physics/mathematics/statistics (for method development),
- The student should have an interest in dealing with large data (computational tools for generating and analyzing data of complex molecular systems). A large experience with statistics and programming (e.g. python) is necessary.
- The PhD student should have (or should develop) a strong interest in statistical physics, biophysics or material physics, programming, scientific communication, assistance in teaching.
- Candidates should have an open attitude towards learning research skills.
- Language: Fluency in English, good communication skills (written and oral), and sufficient social aptitude to integrate in a diverse research group.
How to Apply:
Send your application to prof. A Ghysels before December 17, 2018, with the subject line: “Application for PhD position- Modeling membrane permeability” You can also contact her for additional information about the vacancy.
The application should include:
- A detailed resume (personal information with biography, education & grades, publications)
- A letter of motivation, – transcripts of B.Sc. and M.Sc. courses and grades,
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae with a complete biography,
- A list of two professors who have supervised you in your B.Sc. and/or M.Sc. research project and who are willing to provide a letter of recommendation (the letter itself has not to be sent at this point).
All documents should be in PDF format and written in English.
December 17, 2018