The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand established in 1964, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga.
The University of Waikato is offering Scholarship for students intending to enrol full-time in doctoral study in the Faculty of Health, Sport and Human Performance at the University of Waikato. The scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
The Air New Zealand Health and Well-being Doctoral Scholarship are established in 2018 through the partnership between Air New Zealand and the University of Waikato.
Scholarship is available to pursue Postgraduate (Research) program. Scholarship is awarded to study in the Faculty of Health, Sport and Human Performance at the University of Waikato.
The Scholarship offers a stipend of up to $23,000 per annum, payable in monthly instalments, and up to $7,000 in domestic tuition fees 1 for enrolment in the doctoral programme during the tenure of the Scholarship.
Requirements:Eligible Nationalities: Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- The Scholarship will be awarded on academic merit. A minimum grade average of A- for the previous two years of full-time study (or equivalent, if part-time) is expected for eligibility. Other factors that will be taken into consideration include references, prior research, work experience, and publications.
- Candidates must demonstrate how their intended research will support Air New Zealand in furthering its understanding of its workforce.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have already completed the entry qualifications for doctoral study. Candidates already enrolled in a doctoral degree at the University of Waikato may apply. However, the Selection Panel will favour applications from new doctoral students.
- The offer of this Scholarship may only be taken up by a candidate who has formally completed the entry qualifications for and enrolled full-time in, doctoral study at the University of Waikato.
How to Apply:Applications must be submitted on the prescribed online form and must include:
A two-page personal statement that briefly presents:
- An outline of prior research qualifications, experience and publications
- A summary of any past or present work/employment of relevance to this Scholarship
- How the proposed research will align with furthering Air New Zealand’s understanding of its workforce so that it may continue to educate, support and engage its staff Air New Zealand Health and Well-being Doctoral Scholarship – 2019
Two academic references, one of which must be from either the proposed Chief Supervisor or a member of the academic staff at the institution at which you obtained the qualification that defines your eligibility to enter the doctoral programme.
Verified copies of academic transcripts from any tertiary institutions (other than the University of Waikato) you have attended (if applicable).
December 1, 2018