Istanbul International Center for
Private Sector in Development (IICPSD) is one of the UNDP’s six Global
Policy Centers. IICPSD supports the private sector and foundations to
become transformative partners in development through research,
advocacy, facilitation of public-private dialogue and brokering
partnerships. IICPSD leads UNDP’s global work on private sector and
foundations and supports UNDP’s offices all around the world.
Internships within the UN system are subject to conditions the applicant must get familiar with before signing his/her internship agreement.
- Starting from January 2020 interns will receive stipends according to UN rules and regulations.
- Any further costs associated with the internship must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his or her arrangements for travel, accommodation and other costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the developing machine-learning research;
- Apply advanced Natural Language Processing techniques to build, maintain, and improve on analytics, organize large datasets to get actionable insights from them;
- Help communicating findings accurately to different stakeholders;
- Support the implementation of data science projects;
- Collaborate with private and public organizations to get access to their databases;
- Outreach to organizations as well as academic institutions that apply data science to policymaking
- Provide other support and assistance as required.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a second university degree programme (Master Degree)
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (Bachelor Degree)
- have graduated with a university degree in fields such as Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, Economics or similar and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Fluent in English with excellent reading and writing skills.
Visit HERE for applying
- Brief Cover Letter (in English) stating interest in and qualifications for the post;
- Current and complete CV in English;
- Prepeferably a link to code portfolio such as GITHUB code repository and/or one relevant recent writing sample showing your understanding in the field of data science.
Candidates who are selected for must submit prior to the interview the following documents:
- Official document(s) confirming your education status;
- proof of medical and life/accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out. Selected intern must have medical and life insurance.