The University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB) was founded in 1952 following the amalgamation of the best departments in related fields of five eminent universities as a result of a nationwide reorganization of the higher education system. Over half a century of remarkable growth, it has developed into one of the most influential key national universities sponsored by the Chinese Ministry of Education. USTB is renowned for its study of metallurgy and materials science. Its main focus is on engineering;at the same time it maintains a balanced programme of science, management, humanities, economics and law. It was one of the first universities to be entitled to establish state-approved graduate schools and was chosen to be part of China's "211 Project", which is designed to develop a hundred first rate universities in the 21st century. In 2006 it was also selected as one of a select group of pilot universities for the "Platform for National Advanced Disciplines Innovation" program.
Benefit: Full Scholarship: Tuition fee, Accommodation on campus, Living allowance (Bachelor 2500CNY/month, Master 3000CNY/month, Doctorate 3500CNY/month), Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants for bachelor degree, must have high school graduation certificate and be between the age of 18 and 30.
- Applicants for master degree must have bachelor degree and be under the age of 40. 4, Applicants for doctoral degree must have master degree and be under the age of 45.
- Two copies of application materials are required, one Original of Notarized and one Duplicate.
- Apply online and pay application fee(600CNY), then print; (onlineapply.ustb.edu.cn)
- Application Form of USTB Chancellor Scholarship (isc.ustb.edu.cn/cn/template.jsp?id=144)
- Certificates (degrees of bachelor and master, graduation of high school), must be Original of Notarized in Chinese or English;
Remark: Students expecting to graduate should provide an official letter stating expected graduation date, then submit the degree certificate later if admitted;
- Official Transcripts (Bachelor and Master) up to the present, including courses taken and standard achieved, must be Original of Notarized in Chinese or English;
- A Personal Statement, above 800 words for masters, and above 1500 words for doctorates, must be in Chinese or English;
- Two Recommendation Letters from your referees, including their contacts, must be Original in Chinese or English;
- The referees should be professors or associate professors. At least one of them should have knowledge of your recent academic work;
- A copy of your Language Test Result:
- Chinese-taught program: HSK level 4 (bachelor), 5 (master) or 6 (doctorate);
- English-taught program: IELTS 5.5 or TOFEL 70 (bachelor), IELTS 6 or TOFEL 80 (master and doctorate);
- One Photocopy of Passport;
- Health Certificate;
- Acceptance Letter from supervisor; (Optional) (isc.ustb.edu.cn/cn/resource.jsp?id=149&page=1)
- Table of contents and abstracts of your academic publications and any other original achievement in your field. (Optional)
How To Apply:
- Apply online, and pay the application fee. (onlineapply.ustb.edu.cn)
- Submit all documents to International Student Center, USTB.
- Applicants for bachelor degree(Chinese-taught), must attend the entrance exam. Remark: Application documents and fee will not be returned.
31 April 2019