Standard Bank Derek Cooper is a South African PLC which also operates as Stanbic Bank. Standard Bank has been generously offering funding for African students to pursue master’s studies at London School of Economics in United Kingdom.
The Standard Bank just announced the scholarships for the academic year 2019/20. Therefore, you are advised to apply as early as you can.
The scholarships are provided to support academically talented African students who cannot self-fund their master’s degree at London School of Economics. These scholarships are generously supported by Standard Bank of South Africa PLC
Benefit:The three scholarships will each provide £40,000, towards the fees for the programme and the remainder towards living costs.
Fields of Study:
The scholarships are for offer holders on the following LSE master's programmes:
- Environmental and Development
- Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- Public Management and Governance
- Finance full time mode of study
- Finance and Private Equity
- Risk and Finance
- Real Estate Economics and Finance
- African Development
- Law and Accounting
- Economics and Management
- Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- Management and Strategy
- Financial Mathematics
- Economics and Philosophy
- Be resident in one of Standard Bank’s operation country in African. However, preference is given to residents of Angola, Kenya, South Africa, Ghana, Nigeria, Mozambique and South Sudan.
- Be admitted for eligible master’s program indicated above
- If English is not your first language, you will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting TOEFL scores
How To Apply:
- Submit your application for the programme (See how to apply for graduate study at LSE)
- Submit your Graduate Financial Support Application Form via the Graduate application tracker
- Receive an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional)
You must submit your application by 5 pm United Kingdom time on 26th April 2019.