The Young Leaders Access Program is a year-long program that prepares young people, 18 to 26, to become leaders of change in their communities through leadership development, global citizenship, self-awareness, and vision planning. Throughout the whole year, YLP team, mentors, and mentees all work together to impact communities through innovative ideas and concrete projects, hence truly accomplishing the purpose of Local Change Through Global Exchange®.
Given the situation with the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic, the YLP team is implementing the program to fully virtual by through e-modules, Zoom discussions, and virtual one-on-one learning between mentors and mentees.
Young Leaders Access Program 2021 begins with the Community Needs Assessment, a 2-month community needs mapping project that prepares young people to better understand their own local community. After the community needs assessment, Young Leaders participate in a 3-month intensive Virtual Program that helps them become leaders of positive change in their communities. After Virtual Learning, participants spend 7 months developing their action plans with support from alumni mentors.
Please read carefully the following logistics information:
- In an effort to make the program accessible to all participants, the Young Leaders Access Program is free of charge.
- MCW Global will also cover the costs of program tools, e-modules, speakers, and additional program expenses during the community needs assessment period, virtual learning, and the remaining part of the program.
**If you have any questions or need further clarifications, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Demonstrate commitment to their community;
- Identify an issue in their community to address;
- Be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program (July 1, 2021);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Commit to completing the Community Needs Assessment over the summer, attending the 3-months Virtual Learning program, and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project;
- Have access to email and internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Adhere to Young Leaders Access Program graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program);
- Submit a completed application on or before March 1, 2021 end of the day (NYC EST time).
How To Apply:
Fill the Online application form HERE. Fill out the application carefully. The application must be filled out in English. The application form includes:
- General information
- Essay questions
- Identify an issue in your community that concerns you. How would you address this issue?
- Describe one time you have faced a challenge and used a leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Your resume should not be more than 1 page. We suggest that it be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Your letters should come from people who know your work ethic and commitment to your community. Friends and family members are discouraged from writing the letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders should state their name, position, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
- The letter should be on official letterhead, signed and dated.
- Liability waiver
- At the end of the application, please review the terms and conditions.