The University of New South Wales (UNSW; branded as UNSW Sydney) is an Australian public research university located in the Sydney suburb of Kensington. Established in 1949, it is ranked 4th in Australia, 45th in the world, and 2nd in New South Wales according to the 2018 QS World University Rankings.
UNSW offers a wide range of Scholarships and Awards to support International undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students commencing full-time study at UNSW. Students wishing to undertake postgraduate research study should contact the Graduate Research School.
Some scholarships will provide a full or partial tuition fee payment, while others provide a stipend to assist with the costs associated with your studies.
- To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be an International student
- Be commencing studies in Term 3 2020
- Must have received an offer of admission and be commencing in any UNSW undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program by Friday, 31 July 2020.
- This must include one of the following:
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate Letter of Offer (unconditional)
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate Conditional English Package Offer (UEEC) - students must be enrolled in the UNSW Institute of Languages and successfully complete the program prior to commencing studies.
Each applicant will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate:
- Academic Merit
- Leadership skills (school, workplace or community)
- Extra-curricular activities (cultural activities, volunteer/work experience)
- Aptitude and commitment to your chosen area of study
How to Apply:
- The majority of scholarships will be offered based on your Term 3 2020 International Scholarships Application. Please ensure you allow enough time to submit your application as we are unable to accept late applications.
- Some scholarships will also be awarded on a competitive basis via your application for admission. In order to be considered for these scholarships you will need to receive an eligible offer of admission to UNSW.
- Click on the scholarship name below to view scholarship details including the application process, value, eligibility and selection criteria. More scholarships may be added to this list progressively.
31 July 2020